Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Spider Solitaire

There isn't a day that I don't play a game or two of Spider Solitaire.  I choose the intermediate level, which consists of two colours of cards to sort rather than just one.  The easy level is boring; the difficult level, which I have won only once, is too brain-taxing for me.  The intermediate level is just hard enough to make me think, but not too hard that I do not win most of the time.

I like the sorting.

I like the way the reds go with the reds and the blacks go with the blacks, in order, from King down to Ace.

I wish life was so easy to order.  Wouldn't it be nice if everything fell into place the way the cards in a Spider Solitaire game do?  Wouldn't it be nice if you could hit Control Z and back up when you hit a dead end?  When obstacles get in the road, wouldn't it be nice if there were always a way around them?

When you win the game, it shoots up fireworks onscreen to celebrate the victory!

Wouldn't it be nice if there were fireworks in real life to celebrate accomplishments?

Take heart, my friend.  God has given us the victory through His Son, Jesus Christ.

And some day we'll hear those words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant.  Enter into the joy of the Lord!"  The fireworks will be flashing!

Spider Solitaire


Not a day goes by
That I don't try
To sort it all out in my world.

Click on red and on black
Don't get too far off track
Or into despair you'll be hurled.

Reach the end of the road?
Use control z mode
To back right up to the start.

Try another way
You'll be here all day
But don't you dare lose heart!

Oh, you've got it, my dear,
You don't have to fear-
See the cards disappear in a flash!

Fireworks seem to say
You've done well today-
Now to the real world you must dash.

Oh. 

The dishes are waiting,
The cheese needs a-grating,
The laundry's piled up like a hill!

Why can't my whole life
As a mother and wife
Be one that shows as much skill

As my solitaire score?
But there is so much more
To a life that pleases my Lord:

He does not even care
If I pull out my hair
It matters not if I've scored.

He says, "Come and rest;
I know that you've messed
Up your life and that your plans are thwarted.

I've gone to the cross
You'll suffer no loss
Trust in Me; it's already all sorted."

No comments:

Post a Comment